Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm Doubting You, Phil...

I'm just superstitious enough to need to know his verdict every year, but just rebellious enough to want to prove him wrong.

Perhaps it's because the sun hits Punxsatawney sooner than Lindon, but I swear Phil has seen his shadow every single year. And you know what that means...six more weeks of winter.

But the temperatures have been in the high 40s and we've had more rain than snow lately. I've had to convert back to using a purse, since my big black coat with all the pockets (where I like to keep my keys, cards, and phone) is just too heavy these days.

Yesterday, while on a walk with Schuyler, not only did we notice the tips of the tulips pushing up through the ground, but a shock of bright green grass coming up around the chicken coop.

And today, even though it's brisk and the snow stayed on the lawns, I saw smoke rising off a newly plowed field on my way to Parent-Teacher conference (for the 3rd time that day--good thing the school is close)). I think I "Ahhh-ed" aloud.

So Phil, your little prediction just isn't gonna keep me down this year.

3 comments:

mcovwells said...

I know I shouldn't make this statement, but if you lived in St. George, our temperatures were in the 60's last week. After this drizzly day, it'll be back in the 60's nest week. So we can agree with Puxatawney Phil.

Stefanie said...

Aunt Marsha,

Oh boy --I can just imagine it. Those gorgeous Dixie days. Jealousy is on the rise in earnest.

morinsqueen said...

Well, what can I say? It has been in the seventies quite a bit here in Gilbert. Aaah... my favorite weather!