Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Post Edit about the monstrous miniscule manuscript...

I have tried --in vain ---to change the font size for the paragraph on Eric Whitacre. I have spent too long on the whole process. Apologies. Get out your handy-dandy magnifying glass.

Paragraph on Eric Whitacre re-posted:

This man has an extraordinary gift for composing music. His harmonies come in and out of dissonance --at times resembling Gregorian chants, but with modern lyrics. They sweep over me and cause me to have the same physical reaction I do when I'm supposed to testify strongly about something. My heart beats quickly, my head becomes buzzy and numb, and I feel like I'm going to explode. The beauty of it all swirls around inside me.
Look him up.
Eric Whitacre (Jed heard his music performed live).
Listen to his music. Then get on your knees and thank you Father in Heaven that you can hear.

No comments: