Monday, October 26, 2009

Our State Fair....

was a [pretty] great State Fair!

We had a super time at the fair in late September. We'd rented the old musical from the library and watched it and sang along, all the way to SLC. I don't remember ever having been to a state fair before --is that possible? Last year we celebrated Little Louisa's birthday at the County Fair, but this was a first (unless I am missing something from my childhood memories (which is entirely possible).

Max and Sam were enchanted by the livestock,

Checking out the pigs


Of all the livestock --we liked this brand the best.

Millie loved the rides,
Zach and Abbie enjoyed the food, and I was pleased as punch just to have an evening all together and look at the displays (Star kept his promise to have his phone turned off).


Can you see Mill's delight?


Why would one willingly submit to such a ride? Does that look fun?

It looks like Sam was pretty impressed with the displays as well.

3 comments:

jayne wells said...

When did you go? We went on the first night! Fun times.

morinsqueen said...

What a great memory for all of you! I love the fair! Won't be going any time soon but I have been many times. I loved the pictures and the visible evidence of what a good time it was. Good for Star for turning off his phone. Is that the first time ever???(the phone thing) :-)

Jen said...

I loved coming across your blog! 6 kids! That is awesome.