Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Milestone

My "Silly Millie" attended pre-school with Miss Cathie this year.

There are some things that I am just plain passionate about --and pre-school is one of them. Working with Miss Cathie was wonderful. She is a retired teacher, a devoted grandma, and I have been so pleased to have her as a role model for my Millie.


Her little graduation ceremony was held at a piano recital hall where the children performed some songs (accompanied by Miss Cathie's voice and guitar) and showed us some themes they'd tackled.




If only life could stay as simple --songs about moose, time to color, only one letter to learn each day...

So if I can help provide a place and person where my people feel loved and valued, I feel like I'm successful in at least one aspect of this parenting.


Miss Millie and Miss Cathie Upstill after the program

Our new paper-bowl-preschool graduate!









































1 comment:

jayne wells said...

Ah! I'm a little behind in getting to this post! I love it! I'm so glad Millie was so happy in preschool and she is the sweetest little girl I know!