Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little Bit of Country


I know that I have occasionally made comments that might seem as though I'm complaining about the country life. Pigs, chickens, Ferrell cats...
But really--it's a wonderful blessing.
When Hal and Terry head out of town, Abbie sometimes gets to feed Ebony. She loves that chore and needs no reminding or incentive.




There are so many hopes and dreams that parents have for their children... I just want mine to know where to find peace, and to feel confident in their commitment to seek it.

6 comments:

Terry said...

We love Abbie. She is so precious and very responsible! Thanks for sharing her with us! We loved living here. It taught our kids things they couldn't have learned another way. However that doesn't mean Matt and Ryan weren't really excited...when our cow Lucille died. (No more milking) They were very careful not to let on too much... but we knew! They were JOYFUL! We love you! Thanks again! I need to get even with Abbie! Love you All!

Terry said...

I just went back and looked at the pictures again and they made me cry. She is so adorable! You are such a blessed mom.

Stefanie said...

Terry,

Thanks. You and Hal have been part of the beauty of living here.

J Wells said...

well, looks like you guys don't need a photographer anymore. someone over there has an eye, not only for lighting, but for composition as well.

guess i'll just pack it in for the time being.

Stefanie said...

Jed,

Zach went out with Abbie to capture the horse, and the sunset etc. He returned with pride all over his face. He said, "you know Mom, maybe I should get a camera like Jed's. I mean I listen to the same music, on the same kind of ipod, and he's taught me to take really great pictures now too."

You never know when somebody's watching you. Seems as though this boy of mine (who is frequently called Jeddie by his crazy mother) is paying pretty close attention.

J Wells said...

well, that flattery is worth losing the job. don't forget to pass along my praise of those images.