Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Sand Man Cometh

Have you ever seen the blockbuster hit "Tom Thumb"?

No? Really?

It was one of the many of our VHS collection as children that had its very beginning and ending cut off. But in the middle of this memorable movie with Gideon from "Seven Brides" as the leading little man, was a scene called The Yawning Man." I was always amazed at how contagious yawning could be. I remember committing myself to a non-yawning stance as the song came on,--just to fail every time!

See if you can make it through these photos Zach captured after hours.



You are getting verrrry sleepy.

4 comments:

J Wells said...

i like the photograph my family while they're asleep too. there's nothing so peaceful as sleeping expressions.

i haven't thought about the yawning man in 23 years, i swear. and yet, since i read this post, i haven't been able to get that whole song out of my head. remember how when he's done with his song and everyone (including him) is asleep, he just magically slips backward into his box? that always charmed and befuddled me.

jayne wells said...

that last picture is so--can you say precious without it being totally cheesy?--Precious.

Gayle said...

I took that jab about the front and back ends of the old movies being cut off very personally, Stef. Some people's children just don't appreciate all that their moms tried to do for them. Even so, I have to tell you that these pictures are so beautiful. I love my grandchildren asleep or awake. And Zackie, great shots!

Gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.