Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Dream Catcher

I don't have one. I have wondered about getting one since according Native American folklore, hanging one of those woven, feathered, beaded devices can help your dreams become a reality (Maybe this was a primitive version of "The Law of Attraction" or "The Secret").

--Anyway---

I'm thinking I should NOT acquire a dream catcher.

Last night I dreamed that Barack and I were married.

As this presidential election draws nearer, there has been recent conversation about "coming out of the political closet." I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to another man's closet in terms of matrimony.

I'm timid about asking Dad what my sub-conscious mind is going through in order to manifest itself this way.

7 comments:

wingling said...

hmmm... I have my own feelings about the subconscious nature of that dream, but think my vote is now sealed McCain.

jayne wells said...

Maybe you'd finally get some children with hair as dark as yours!

J Wells said...

freaking great. you know that's how McCain is going to win this election. heaven knows stef isn't the only housewife in the country having dreams abt obama...

Greg Wells said...

too funny! I'll tell you what though, I'm relieved your NOT dreaming about marrying McCain. Even if it does swing Star's vote. (We all knew he was a radical right-winger anyway...I mean, who else do you know that raises his own hogs in the middle of the subdivision?) But there's just such an uncomfortable Oedipal element to a McCain dream. Plus, do dream catchers even come in farmhouse-provincial colors?

Stefanie said...

Jeddie -- you are so funny. Do think then that I'm not alone in this?

Oh no! Does this make me some sort of "desperate housewife"?

J Wells said...

stef-- guilty as charged. maybe you should convince that man of yours to spend more time at home. take the "desperate" out of there.

wingling said...

the despot is a trouble maker. why shouldn't McCain win - he died for this country! I mean, he almost died for this country - no maybe the first - but just cuz he doesn't look so good when he dances w/Ellen doesn't mean he couldn't tell the army how to win all of our wars.