Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?

Many in the world are faced with an indecision problem.

I am not prone to that. Every single day I meet up with a variety of dilemmas and decisions. And I deal with them --head on.

For instance:
*Should I mop this morning? Nah -- it will just get sticky and messy anyway.

*Read to Millie or to myself? --Millie --the time for cuddling will be gone too soon. (Maybe I could get in a few minutes while she'd at preschool).

*It's 10am, should I sample that piece of Halloween Candy? Yeah -- it's just a "mini" Twix.

*Is play doh a good choice today? Sure -- the floor is grody anyway (see?)

*"Word World" or "Clifford"? "Word World" every time. (That will give me a half hour to get ready for the day since Barbies were a higher priority earlier).

*Is today a good day clean the car? Yep -- Millie just threw me an open bag of movie popcorn while I'm driving ("Oops. Sorry Mama!"). We'll just pull into the car wash right now (Sonic has free vacuums).

*It's 1pm, should I try that Kit Kat hidden in my closet? Yes -- it will help my blood sugar levels. (I'm not working on "Body For Life" right now -- just "Body for Halloween.")

*The baby is down for a rest, the others are at school. Should I read or clean up? --Arggh -- clean (I know I'll be happier to have it done in the end).

*I'm at Savers thrift store scouting for Halloween accessories. Should I take a quick peak down the children's book aisle? Yes -- One can never have too many picture books.

*The children will be finished with school soon. Should I read or mop? Mop (with a mini Heath bar in my mouth).

*Is today the day I'm going to decide what to call my youngest child on a regular basis? No-- Not today.


It is apparent, I'm sure, that while there are many sick and afflicted (mentally and otherwise), I am not. Not today.

4 comments:

Greg Wells said...

Steffy. This stuff is so delightful. It's like a virtual kit-kat bar for my own drooping blood sugar level.

Greg Wells said...

I also love that picture of you. I think it embodies so much of what you are about.

J Wells said...

mmm... mini twix. the balm of gilead.

morinsqueen said...

I just sat here and read every blog entry I missed while I was in Arizona. You are such a delightful writer! I would read anything you have written and be entertained by it. I love them all- the humor, wit, wisdom and melancholy are so amazing! You should seriously consider writing a book.