Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Little Ham (not swine)


Miss Abigayle Hannah Hall recited a poem entitled "Going To Bed" by Marchette Chute today before an impressive panel of judges. This was her fourth round in the (school wide) Timpanogos Academy Poetry Competition. She took 2nd place out of the 6 final contestants and proudly wore her medal the rest of the day. Tomorrow she will start her much anticipated acting class at the Hale Center Theatre.

Her parents wonder where she gets her flair for the dramatic. They are both so timid and quiet. It seems to come to her fairly naturally however. We hope to encourage her to continue to expand her horizons and move beyond comfort zones.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

It can't come as that much of a surprise--Mrs. beautiful singer and actress and Mr. Outgoing/whistle while you work. It seems only natural you'd come up with a beautiful ham (not swine).

morinsqueen said...

Way to go Abby! Did you or your mom text me to tell me how you placed that day? I got several text messages - I know, because I can hear the bell that tells me one has come in. Problem is - the screen is black on my phone, so I can't check my text messages. Good for you for placing second! I wish I had been able to stay for that part.
And of course, we all know her talents are genetic on both sides of the family tree :-)