Friday, November 14, 2008

Budgeting Blahs

I have been working on creating the flawless budget for several months now. It has taken re-search, and re-working, and re-fining. I decided that I was so close -- I 'd just plug away at it tonight until it was finally finished. The ox was in the mire, the wheel must push along, the horse before the cart... something. I needed to cross it off my list.

Star and I decided that the project would be our date night. We had a really good plan. This kind of work, after a long day at a sales conference however, just was not intriguing enough to keep his eyelids from drooping. He kept falling off the wagon, if you know what I mean.

In my best martyr-mode, I pledged to forge ahead. And I have been doing just that, until I realized that in my number categories, I was entering things like this:
Birthdays/gifts: $ Of To See the River. What?

Do you think that's some sort of ego or alter-ego requesting some help from the Wizard? Maybe it's my stomach planning to head Over The River and Through the Woods for Thanksgiving...or something.

Anyway, I decided to take a break and check my blog. I saw that Jaynie had just posted an hour ago. I read it and began to sob --out loud. Ah Jed.

I think I'll go to bed. That silly Ox is rather insignificant after reading such art.

Budgeting --I'll paint your wagon!

4 comments:

jayne wells said...

HA HA HA! Oh, Stef. You are related to Jed!

J Wells said...

you ARE related to me. every time i get drowsy i am wont to jot down show tunes. freaking every time.

Stefanie said...

Show tunes? Really? Like which ones? I want to hear more about that...

J Wells said...

like, "off to see the wizard" and "paint your wagon" stuff. i don't know.