Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Pizza Party For Parley


Parley Christian Wells turned 3 last week. He invited friends and family to a party at the Brick Oven. Pars or "P", as his Daddy calls him, is quite a guy -- his rich chuckle is contagious. In fact, his laugh reminds me of his Dad. When Jed was little, he was contented with simple things. He could be given a hose, put on the back lawn, and be happy for a long time. His chortle would ring through the neighborhood. We loved to watch movies with him, dress him up and paint his nails, talk and sing with him, or just watch him pretend ---partly because of that laugh.

Some photos from the chaotic Brick Oven:

No more salad Mom, --or bread, or pizza. Just cake please.

Yo! Happy Birthday and stuff, man!

Brother John Jacob Jingle-Hymer Schmidt joined us --his name is their name too.

Last night Pars, Haze, and Jules came for a visit to the Hall playroom. Hazey began writing sentences about "cats" on the chalkboard. Jules piled blocks and Lego's. Then "H" and "J" moved on to marbles (that was tricky) and dress-ups, phones, and puzzles.

But Parley bounced on, around, beside, and under a great big blue ball the whole time. He laughed and laughed. I did too. What a lucky Aunt I am.

5 comments:

J Wells said...

this post makes me so glad. glad to know that not only are my kids not a nuisance, but that they are loved outside of my house. glad that P is happy. and glad that i have sisters. because what if those kids only had uncles?

i know, it's too sad to think about.

Jayne said...

So true Jed! I think our kids are the lucky ones, as are we. You are such a great aunt and friend.

Jayne said...

ps--awesome picture of me.

Stefanie said...

Yeah, Jayne -- I thought you'd like that Motherly-studiously-cutting-cake-look.

And your kids are WELL loved --inside and outside my house!

Carin said...

So true! One of the happy reasons Jed's nick name was Jeddy Boomer.

Jayne, every comment you make cracks me up. You're so dang funny!