Thursday, November 13, 2008

Name That Tune



Posted by Picasa

My sister Carrie would go crazy here. Carrie is a person who can recall every lyric she's ever heard, I think. Whereas I, unfortunately for my past primary pupils, am not.


It may be an inherited trait. My children seem lyrically challenged likewise. Tonight we heard, "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree at the Christmas Holly Hock."


And,"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, oh yeah, then you gave it away. This year, the Sandy Frontier, I give it to someone SPECIAL." Special is right.


Last week, "Istanbul is Constatanople, been long time gone, then Constatanople, Now a long time gone yeah Constatanople. Didn't anybody get the word? Idileeah--That's no body's business but the terd."(Elder Grandpa Wells, cover your eyes.)


I try to correct the mistakes as they happen, but it's difficult to really rectify those poor songs when I can't remember what the right lyrics are. I remember Carrie trying to help me as I sang,"O-K-M-A-H-O-M- A , OKLA HOME-AH!" with such gusto. Or working on duets to be performed together, and Mom making index cards with the words to the songs just for me (why does Over the Rainbow have so many verses anyway?)


p.s. Have you tried singing while Afton is around? Geesh --she's just like her mother.


Posted by PicasaWhat talent!

2 comments:

Greg Wells said...

Among your many endearing qualities, Rep, this has to be one of my favorites. I absolutely love to hear you work that brain to fill in the words to a classic refrain. It's as fun as watching Papa try to talk fast.

Stefanie said...

Greg, Star laughed out loud when he read your comment. He thinks getting Papa to try and talk fast is about the funniest thing. And putting my disability in the same category just made his day.

Of course, Star laughs at commercials. He wheezes over A.A. Milne sometimes so... I'm probably not as bad as all that.