Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Do You Spell Relief?

One big way for me is: HAVING TECHNICAL DEVICES UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!

Now I can post the pictures I've wanted to for the past month, hopefully talk to my missionary parents on Skype again, and download the stuff from the camera, etc.

Yesterday "Maxler" began to reach out for things. It was so satisfying for me. Each stage holds such wonder --every time. And I feel like there is something magical in having seen that look of discovery on other little faces, previously. It's then familiar, and natural, and I embrace the whole experience and recognise it for the milestone it is. He is securely attached and wary about granting his smiles to "strangers." But he knows the voices in the family and turns to find the people they belong to. His own little voice is a sweet little kind of raspy one. This week he has been sick, and when I rescue him from his bed, after naps, he "talks" to me. It reminds me of my Mom saying to all of her grandchildren at this stage, "Tell me all about it." And then making empathic listening noises as they babble on.

Who has been taking photos while Mom was gone?
These little guys aren't very sneaky -- they document the evidence!

3 comments:

J Wells said...

that max is going to be such a lady killer. if he stays on this abbie track, he's going to be arrestingly handsome.

wingling said...

hmmmmm. Looks like someone is breaking the "nobody uses the camera without permission" rule... it's just not like them to do that!

OK, but the shots are sure cute enough that I can find ready forgiveness.

Stef, you have the cutest children, and a very handsome SkyMax!

Carin said...

I love the big, bulging white belly. I can almost feel that baby's soft skin. Love your little ones!