Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Patterns and Reality

It is 8:03am. The phone is ringing. Caller ID says: Timpanogos Academy. I wonder...Should I answer? (Groan)Yes.

It is Wednesday. It is raining and cold. Last Wednesday it was snowing -- a blizzard. Why am I so aware of the Wednesday morning weather patterns? Because they affect my trip to the Zach-and-Star-forgotten-Trash duties. And the Dog duties. And the Timpanogos Academy trip for the forgotten shoes!?

Reality has set in. My Wonderful Wells Women's Weekend is woefully wan. (Is that a word?)

4 comments:

J Wells said...

wan

adjective
(of a person's complexion or appearance) pale and giving the impression of illness or exhaustion: she was looking wan and bleary-eyed.
•(of light) pale; weak: the wan dawn light.
• (of a smile) weak;strained
• poetic/literary (of the sea) without luster; dark and gloomy.

Greg Wells said...

And the Husbands in the family are CHEERING to have you back!!!!

Stefanie said...

Hmmm. Then wan is a word, but probably not exactly the right word. Except unless I can call myself wan in dealing with it all. I'll bet those people at the front desk at Timp Academy thought I was looking wan this morning. (I'm so relieved that the one who told me how cute I looked the other day wasn't in this morning --phew!)

Stefanie said...

Yeah -- I just bet those husbands are CHEERING.